“If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are too heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you.” ~Gladstone, 1865
While Gladstone pointed out some very true effects of drinking tea, what he neglected to mention is the health benefits associated with drinking tea–specifically green tea. Not only does it warm you, cool you, cheer you up and calm you, but it has monumental effects on your health!
1. Weight loss. Drinking tea helps you feel full, so it has the tendency to curb your appetite. It also helps you burn more calories during a workout. So workout hard after drinking green tea and get a massage. Not only will you enjoy getting more out of your workout, but you’ll also feel great after your sports massage!
2. Anti-aging. Green tea is rich in the antioxidants vitamin E and C. Your skin will begin to look refreshed, and your body will continually feel rejuvenated, resulting in a more youthful disposition.
3. Fights cancer. In a recent study, three out of four chronic leukemia patients who were given green tea extract seemed experienced regression of the disease. The fourth patient also showed some improvement. The doctors gave the extract a try after a 2004 test tube study of green tea revealed that leukemia cells were killed by the substance.
4. Regulates digestive system. Drinking warm tea aids in the digestion of food, preventing indigestion and a sluggish feeling after a large meal. After a large breakfast, lunch, or dinner, enjoy a small cup of hot tea and notice how quickly the “stuffed” feeling subsides.
5. Asthma relief. Green tea contains a substance called theophylline, which is a muscle relaxant, so it can cause the muscles supporting the bronchial tubes to relax — thus reducing asthma’s ability to restrict normal breathing.
Although 5 are listed here, there are countless benefits to drinking green tea. Pick up a pack, enjoy various flavors available, and get on the right track to better health!